Today, I received an email from United Airlines in which double miles can be obtained when flying United Airlines through February 5, 2015.
Based upon the content of the email, the bonus seems to have something to do with the relationship that United Airlines has with Marriott. As I am a Ritz Carlton Platinum member, I get free United Star Silver status without having to do any flying.
United MileagePlus Terms and Conditions:
1. Only original recipients of the invitation to the offer can register and participate in the promotion.
2. To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register through the promotion website prior to travel, then purchase and complete paid, qualifying travel to any destination served by United or United Express® during the qualifying ticketing and travel periods. Registration for the promotion must be completed by January 5, 2015.
3. Ticketing dates: October 24, 2014 – February 5, 2015.
4. Complete travel between: November 1, 2014 – February 5, 2015.
5. Offer is valid on paid flight segments booked in F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W, or S fare classes. The offer is not valid on government fares.
6. A “segment” is defined as one takeoff and one landing. All qualifying segments must by operated by United or United Express.
7. Double award miles is defined as two award miles for each base award mile that would otherwise be credited in connection with qualifying flights during the promotion period. Bonus may be earned for a maximum of 50,000 award miles in accordance with these terms and conditions.
8. Bonus miles will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
9. Double miles does not apply to Premier® qualifying miles (PQM), class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, bonus award miles or other promotional PQM.
10. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change.
11. The offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
12. Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus program to qualify for this offer.
13. This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
14. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
15. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the United MileagePlus Program and/or the Premier Program, including without limitation the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements of the Premier Program, and/or the revisions of calculations (including any estimates), will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com.
Has anybody received a similar offer?